03 November 2023

NaNoWriMo?

Nanowrimo (National Novel Writing Month) began on Wednesday. It would be the perfect way to restart my fiction writing. Unfortunately, I have a paper to write for a conference at the beginning of next month. The thought of trying to write 1500–1600 words a day on top of that is just too daunting. Besides, if past attempts at novel writing are anything to go by, the 50,000 words that NaNoWriMo reckon constitute a novel would amount to less than half of what I’d be likely to write.

Enter the Glasgow SF Writers Circle. They have set up an informal NaNoWriMo Discord channel so that folk can share their progress. So I have announced my intention to attempt a MinNoWriMo (a minimal novel writing month). I can’t hope to manage 1500 words, but I do plan to write something (even it is only a paragraph or two) every day. The point is to regain my daily writing rhythm. In time, I hope to get back to at least 500 words a day (that’s a good-sized fantasy novel in a year).

No comments:

Post a Comment

<i>The Groaning of Creation</i>

A review of Christopher Southgate, The Groaning of Creation: God, Evolution, and the Problem of Evil  (Louisville: Westminster John Knox Pre...